This Policy contains important information about how http://www.intellepedia.org/ (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) collects, uses, maintains and discloses information that may be collected from you when you use or access or avail our services through the Website.
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
By using the Website, you agree to abide by the following Policy. If you do not wish to agree to any conditions below, kindly refrain from accessing the Website. The term ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Intellepedia. The term ‘you’, ‘user(s)’ refer to the user(s) with disabilities for whose benefit the Website is made available.
About the Website
- Intellepedia is a non-profit Intellectual Property (IP) News aggregator that assists user(s) to discover Intellectual Property related information from different sources maintained by different third parties and shares or distributes such aggregated content by providing full articles with appropriate hyperlinks or by redirecting the user(s) to third-parties sources wherever relevant. Website aims at removing access barriers for persons with visual disabilities and other disabilities to a wide range of IP related content by making the Website and the Contents (defined in the Terms) therein disabled access friendly. Website provides for number of accessibility features that endeavors to provide user(s) with convenient and hassle-free access to IP News Content from different sources maintained by different third parties.
- This Website is established for the benefit of persons with visual disabilities and other disabilities and operates on a non-profit basis. This Website and the Contents of this Website are solely for the use and access by persons with visual disabilities and other disabilities; more specifically for their private or personal use and/or for educational or research purpose.
- The IP News Content on the Website is made available for use and access to persons with visual disabilities and other disabilities under Section 52(zb)(ii)- A Fair dealing exception of the Copyright Act, 2012. The said provision of the Copyright Law provides for any person or any organization working for the benefit of the persons with disabilities and on a non-profit basis to create accessible format copies or distribute them to persons with disabilities who cannot enjoy the work in their normal formats without seeking any consent or license from the copyright holder. Therefore, the access to this Website is strictly limited to user(s) with visual disabilities and other disabilities for their private or personal use and educational or research purpose only.
Information we may collect through our Website
- We may collect personal information that identifies you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or demographic information such as postcode and other personal information (collectively referred to as “Personally identifiable information”).
- We collect Personally Identifiable Information only if you voluntarily submit such information to us, for example when you use the facilities available on the Website for corresponding with us by e-mail or phone or access or use any other interactive features of the Website.
- Further we may collect non-personal information about you whenever you access or interact with our Website or any of the services. This includes but not limited to browser name, version, the type of device used, server location, users’ operating system and version, your mobile devices unique device ID, third party apps or website or service that referred users to our Website, language preference, means of connection to our Website, user(s)’ location information, Internet service providers, IP address, technical information and other similar information about user(s).
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by the website you visit. We may place “cookies” on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes to enhance your experience or sometimes to personalize your experience. Cookies help us to identify information relating your activities and to retain information relating to your preferences and history on the Website.
- You may choose to disable cookies by turning off cookie feature on the web browser. However, by disabling this feature, some parts of the Website may not function properly. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
How we use the collected information
Collected information is used for the following purposes:
- Email address, mailing address and phone number, you provide may be used to identify you, to communicate with you, respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests from you or we may use the information for sending email newsletter or other material from time to time. Note we will never email you to ask for your password or other account information; if you receive such an email, report to us, for immediate action against such person/s.
- We may use the information you provide for administrative purposes, improve the quality of the Website and services.
Protection of your information
- We adopt appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information obtained through unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission.
- We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. At times Website may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary.
- We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information to another party as a result of merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets to another party.